Homemade Immune Booster (Superimmune Jello Recipe)
When the kiddos are sick they usually don’t want to eat much. That’s fine. I generally try to trust the body on this one.
This homemade immune booster is a supercharged jello recipe. It's a gentle way to keep their immune systems strong and nourished, which helps them bounce back effectively from illness.
Making homemade jello makes me feel like a bit of a superhero to begin with, to be honest. That's always how I feel when I figure out how to make a super healthy version of something that is usually thought of as a junk food (this recipe for ketchup is another of my favourites).
This version of Jello is extra great because it’s loaded with nutrients that support the immune system like antioxidants and minerals. Plus, it only takes about 30 seconds to makes.
You can get creative with what you put in your supercharged Jello. This version contains magnesium, vitamin C, vegetables and protein (from gelatin). You might also think of adding probiotics, Deep Immune For Kids, or elderberry.
Superimmune Jello Recipe
- 4 cups pure fruit juice, divided (you'll use 1/2 cup cold fruit juice, 1/2 cup hot fruit juice and then 3 more cups at room temperature. Our favourites are the dark berry juices like pomegranate, cherry or grape)
- 2 tbsp good quality gelatin (I get this brand)
- 1 tsp food based vitamin C powder (I like this one)
- 3 capsules Juice Plus
- 2 tbsp magnesium liquid
- In a 4 cup glass bowl, add the 1/2 cup cold fruit juice and sprinkle on the gelatin
- Mix well
- Add the 1/2 cup hot fruit juice and mix until gelatin is dissolved
- Add the supplements to the remaining 3 cups of fruit juice and then add the juice to the original mixture
- Mix well, cover and chill until set (about 4 hrs)