Finally Understand The Roots Of Your Child's Mood, Behavior & Learning Symptoms, Regain Peace In Your Home, & Feel Confident Your Kids Are Well Nourished...
...Without spending forever in the kitchen & even if your child has a diagnosis or is super picky about food
One in Five children struggles with focus, transitions, anger, anxiety, hyperactivity, mood & sensory dysregulation.
One in three has a food sensitivity
and one in thirteen has a full blown allergy
(& probably a whole lot more go undiagnosed!)
Kids have a hard time learning, sleeping, pooping, & they struggle to communicate and meet expectations.
They're causing tension & worry in families and classrooms, they're angry and frustrated, and they don't feel well.
And they're extremely picky when it comes to food.
Is That Your Child?
What if I told you that nutrition affects how your child learns, focuses, behaves, & feels?
If I told you that strategic diet changes have helped kids stop hitting at school, stop having overblown reactions, become softer, gentler, happier
That your child could start sleeping better, have better skin, more stable energy, become less anxious, make and keep friends and become enjoyable to be around... if we uncover hidden stressors & nourish them deeply
That diet & supplement choices could help you get to a point when the diagnosis they were given and your decisions about medication are barely a concern anymore?
...Would you think I was crazy?
Or would you think, "hmmm... interesting, I kinda suspected that, but what can I do? This seems impossible & confusing!"
Don't worry... you can end the confusion & frustration and feel confident your child is getting the nourishment they need to feel and function their best.
Regardless of diagnosis.
Four years into my clinical nutritional practice I said, "enough is enough!"
It was a hot day in August. I was in my office with a mom named Sarah who was describing how her 8 year old son Tom was slipping away from her.
He was getting more aggressive. He had started hitting kids at school. He was hitting her. He was angry, and in pain.
"It just seems like he can't slow down, turn off, know what's appropriate and when, you know?" she told me.
Tom had few friends, several tics, he was anxious.
He wasn't sleeping well, had terrible skin, was alarmingly skinny and he was so picky with food that the family couldn't eat together anymore.
Sarah's anxiety about the looming school year was strong enough to fill the room; his teachers were exasperated, she could expect phone calls home, early pickups, meetings... Tom hated everything about school.
"Taking him to school feels like throwing him to the wolves," she told me.
It had all been barely tolerable, she told me, but the final straw was that Tom had started to talk about himself as "bad" and "stupid".
Something needed to change. And quick before his self esteem dissolved further.
They considered medication, but that didn't sit right as a first strategy. They wanted to know their options.
So Sarah and I got to work, figuring out what hidden stressors were making it hard for Tom to cope, and which diet and supplement changes would be the most helpful.
How we feed kids like Tom can help them become calmer, more focused, and happier.
Food fuels the body, so why wouldn't it fuel the brain and affect mood & learning?
It absolutely does. But despite solid research that the more well nourished the body is the better the brain functions, this toolbox too often remains unopened when kids start to struggle.
Enough is enough!
Parents need to learn simple things they can do with food to improve the mood, learning, health, behavior & happiness of their children.
When I learned about the impact of food on the brain and body my mind was blown wide open to new possibilities.
I left a career as a high school teacher about a decade ago on a hunch we could help kids like Tom without relying so much on medication.
It was while studying nutrition that I learned why our creative teaching strategies hit a ceiling with so many kids. It was because we had completely overlooked the powerful way food helps kids feel better so they can function better.
Since then I've worked alongside Naturopathic Doctors, Medical Doctors, Family Counsellors, Occupational Therapists, and teachers helping parents like Sarah implement a nutrition and lifestyle strategy to help kids like Tom calm down, learn better, have better sleep & skin, have better poops, have more stable moods and get over their picky eating…. regardless of diagnosis.
When Your Child Is Healthy, They Can Do Anything
Kids Like Tom Can Feel More Relaxed, More Confident, Less Anxious.
What if the notes from teachers about class interruptions and tummy aches stopped coming home?
If skin cleared up, eyes brightened, the dark circles went away?
What if you could feel less stressed about planning meals and know exactly how to talk about food with your child to help them expand their diet beyond the pizza, chips and the odd carrot they're used to, but without bribes and battles?
Could your child learn to cook and take an interest in making his own positive food choices?
Can you imagine a time when you no longer question your choice about medication?
Your Child Is More.
...and parenting doesn't have to feel so hard
Tom was a bright and highly sensitive kid. After working on diet for three months he was still that kid. He needed direction, help organizing his stuff, support processing big, unpleasant emotions.... but the edge was softened and peace had returned to the home.
Sarah and Tom’s dad learned how to help him feel better so he could manage his stress better. Through our step-by-step process we learned...
- Tom was particularly sensitive to blood sugar swings and did better when he had more fibre in the morning
- The more dairy he ate the more explosive he would become
- How to keep his bowels moving because if he didn't poop in the morning he would have a rough day at school
- How to get him to sleep faster at night so we was well rested by morning
- Fish oil and magensium were helpful but B-vitamins made him restless.
- He had an overgrowth of clostridia in his gut that was making it hard for him to regulate his hormones and was interfering with his sleep
- His stomach acid was too low which was contributing to the nausea he felt when he ate meat and was interfering with his ability to extract nutrients from his food
Your child's story might look a little different but the point is, because they understood him better they could support him better. They knew what to expect and how they could help him. They were able to work through challenges head on, instead of tip-toeing around them.
The family could enjoy time together, go to restaurants, family gatherings, birthday parties - without worrying about Tom getting overstimulated and angry.
They could come together around meals, start teaching him about making choices and share each other’s company.
Tom spent fewer sick days at home which meant more peace of mind for his parents.
This is what can happen when we attend to a child’s diet
When We Understand Our Kids We Can Help Them
Introducing The Resilience Roadmap.
It's a Roadmap to a happier, healthier child for the parent who is done feeling exhausted, confused & overwhelmed, and wants a research-based, practical, action plan.
The Resilience Roadmap Offers You 12 weeks Of...
We Stay Strategic & Systematic; We Start Simple But Go Deep.
Together we uncover hidden stress while deeply nourishing your child
"He used to be angry, sad, anxious, aggressive and grumpy"
"This is my 7 year old son. I knew that the changes we were making were making a difference when friends and family started commenting on how happy he was.
Sometimes it's hard to really see the changes when you're so immersed in the every day of it all, but then I see this and I see how happy and rested and joyful he is on a much more regular basis.
Diet changes, supplements, consistency....these have ultimately brought peace and joy to my son like we hadn't seen in years. It's hard - but it's so, so, so worth it.
Thank you Jess for your continued support and encouragement."
- Jenna, Resilience Roadmap course participant
Here's Exactly What You Get During Our 12 Weeks Together
THE CORE PROGRAM ($997 value)
- Over the course of 12 weeks you'll receive 9 recorded modules that walk you through my unique methodology called The Four Pillars Of Resilient Health™ designed to help you can get nourishment in and hidden irritants out.
Lessons and action steps are delivered via pre-recorded audio and video and are accompanied by downloadable PDF handouts and recipe booklets.
Content is stored in our on-line classroom which you can access via desktop or mobile app, and you also get your action steps delivered to you by email to keep you on track.
- What's covered:
Week 1: Orientation
- How to talk with your kids and family about food without causing conflict and encourage them to broaden their choices
- How to organize your pantry so you can save loads of time at the grocery store by knowing exactly what to stock your kitchen with
- How to track symptoms to know if what you’re doing is making a difference
Week 2: Nourishment
- Superfoods (and recipes for using them) to add into the diet to support growth, learning and emotional stability,
- The 8 nutrient groups and how to know your child is getting enough of each
- How to manage picky eaters
Week 3: Supplements
- How to know if your child needs nutritional supplements and when to use them (includes a deficiency symptom checklist and guidance on testing)
- How to use amino acids to stabilize emotions quickly and how to use them safely
Weeks 4 - 7: Irritation
- How to find and replace allergens & food irritants (including sugar) without feeling like you're depriving your kid or having to say "no" all the time
- How to know if your child needs to cut out gluten and dairy and how to do that without risking nutritional deficiency
- A summary of the most up-to-date research on gluten from the 2019 International Symposium on Wheat Related Disorders
- How to break a child’s sugar addiction and avoid the afternoon “hanger”
- The most important chemicals to avoid, how to do that and how to improve the body’s natural ability to detoxify
- How to do an elimination diet properly (and how to know if you need to)
- The too often overlooked impact of natural amines, glutamate and salicylate and how to know if they're a trigger for your child (and what to do if they are!)
Week 8: Digestion
- Understanding the digestive system from tip-to-tail, including how to support a strong gut-brain connection
- How to stabilize constipation, diarrhea, pain and reflux without medication
- How to nourish a strong microbiome and know if candida or other pathogens are playing a role in symptoms
- How to get even the pickiest of eaters to eat fermented foods and when to use them
- A 5-step protocol for gut regeneration
Week 9: Moving forward with confidence
- How to use The 4 Pillars of Resilient Health™ as a guide to make food and feeding choices so you’re no longer confused about what to feed your child moving forward
- Staying motivated to be healthy in an unhealthy world
Weeks 10-12: catch-up time with continued support.
- Includes weekly recipes and food profiles so you can deepen you're learning in the kitchen
3 PRIVATE COACHING SESSIONS ($750 value)
- We'll do these monthly by video conference to make sure your particular needs are being addressed and you stay focused
6 LIVE GROUP COACHING SESSIONS ($580 value) ** extended support for COVID - we are currently doing weekly calls through to the end of June (instead of every 2 weeks)
- Every two weeks we meet as a group via video conference for OFFICE HOURS where we highlight important pieces of program content and get your burning questions answered to keep you moving forward.
- There are 6 office hour sessions over the course of 12 weeks, after which you can choose to join our alumni program for more support
- They are on Wednesdays at noon, eastern, and are recorded in case you can't come live
RECIPES & FOOD IDEAS ($200 value)
- 200+ whole food recipes & meal ideas curated with busy parents in mind
- Food lists itemizing the most nourishing foods for the brain and for growing children
- Includes recipes that are free of dairy, gluten, refined sugar and chemicals, that are supportive of good blood sugar control and that provide nutrition for the growing brain
TOOLS & CHARTS ($200 value)
- These are all delivered as downloadable PDF files and help you...
- Expand your child's acceptance of new foods
- Get more nourishment into your kids
- Understand nutritional deficiencies
- Teach your child about making healthy food choices
COMMUNITY SUPPORT (priceless)
- Real change is too hard to make in isolation so we come together in our private Facebook Community to connect. This is where you meet parents just like you and connect with Jess; we troubleshoot, gain clarity, vent, celebrate and keep each other moving forward.
Total value of $3,027
+ the $797 worth of bonuses below
For $997 CAD
Additional cost for tests and medical support with one of our partners may be added if needed.
To Make Sure You Have All You Need We've Added...
MasterClass Series ($700 value)
Masterclass 1: Learning Disabilities, Re-defined
with Lorraine Driscoll, educational therapist
Learn how to help your child work through learning diagnoses like Auditory Processing Disorder, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Dyslexia, Language Processing Disorder, Non-Verbal Learning Disabilities, Visual Perceptual/Visual Motor Deficit, rather than working around them.
Masterclass 2: The Biology Of Trauma... a missing link
with Dr Aimie Apigian MD
Whether it's the death of a parent or sexual abuse, or being bullied by a sybling or teased on the schoolbus, trauma has biological as well as psychological consequences and is often the piece contributing to mood, behavior and learning concerns. Dr Apigian explains how trauma interferes with attachment and outlines the exact steps that heal both the biological and the psycholoical scars trauma brings about so kids feel safe and secure again. We'll also talk about how to build resilience against trauma so our kids are better able to weather it.
Masterclass 3: Functional Testing... what's worth it?
With Dr Kristina Bosnar DC, CFMP
Testing options have come a long way in the last 10 years but not all of them are worth your money. Learn from Dr Bosnar which lab tests are most helpful for understanding what's going on inside your child's body, when to do them and which are not reliable. Also learn which tests to ask your primary doctor about and which are misleading.
Masterclass 4: Genetic testing and SNPs
With Dr Erika Gray PharmD
New research in genetics and Epigenetics has shown us that simple saliva tests for Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs) can tell us which dietary, supplement and lifestyle changes are most necessary for our specific genetic type. Dr Gray will help you decide if this testing would be helpful to better understand your child's symptoms and how to access and interpret it.
By Joining A Community Of Support
What Seems Like An Impossible Challenge Becomes Manageable.
I work with a limited number of families each month to make sure nobody is left lost, frustrated or confused. I want to make sure this program is the best fit so, after answering a few short screening questions, you'll be directed to a booking calendar so we can schedule a time to talk and decide together if this program is a good fit for you. If it is, we'll get you started right away.
Food Is Your Best Tool, Hidden In Plain Sight, That Nobody’s Talking About
Most doctors, therapists and teachers dismiss the impact of food, especially as it applies to mood, learning and behavior, because they were never trained to understand it and don't know how to coach parents on how to use it - it's just not their tool
And when parents are left to figure this out on their own with no guidance on how to cook, use food, pick supplements, talk about food, get their kids to make healthy choices, & overcome picky eating,
even the mere thought of making diet changes feels overwhelming.
You Can Learn To...
Incorporate new foods into even the pickiest child's diet,
Only take out exactly what you need to, if you need to, and in a way that doesn't create deficiency or fear;
Use supplements when needed to support focus and hormones;
Establish a strong digestive system because we know now, without a doubt, what goes on in the gut affects what goes on in the brain;
Break sugar addictions and get more fat, fibre and protein into your kids so they don’t feel so terrible at the end of the day when they don’t finish their lunch;
Get your kids pooping every morning without needing laxatives, improve the quantity and quality of sleep and calm the racing mind;
End the dinner battles so the family can come together around food and everyone can feel more calm.
What Parents Have To Say About The Resilience Roadmap Community...
Your Child Is Too Important To Let Anything Stand In The Way Of Their Health.
You Have A Choice To Make
Food affects our moods, our focus, our sleep, our gut, our everything. Which means food matters.
But you probably already knew that.
Your problem is implementation. Am I right? What are you actually going to do in the grocery store, make in the kitchen, put on the table, and how are you going to get your kids to eat it?
You could figure this out yourself but if you want to save time and energy by having me translate 10 years of research on the food-mood connection into specific and simple actions and guide you through how to implement practical steps with your kids so you can improve their health, I can be by your side every step of the way.
If you can commit to nourishment then you've found your tribe.
The Resilience Roadmap Is For...
Parents who know, in their gut, that their child could be healthier but aren't sure what to do.
Parents who know there is a good kid in there but need a toolbox of strategies to help them sleep better, focus better, communicate better, learn better, poop better and have more stable moods and behaviors so they can shine.
Parents who want to enjoy their kids more, feel more confident in their parenting, and help their kids by doing everything they can without medication, and in a way that feels good.
Parents who are confused about how to feed their kids and want to finally know, for sure, how to meet their nutritional needs without battles and without having to wade through confusing information by themselves.
The Resilience Roadmap Is Not For...
Parents who have zero time or energy to put into shifting their child's health and behavior.
Parents who figure their kid has already reached their full potential.
Parents who are not ready to look deep and make some changes that could feel tough.
Parents who know they have gone as deep as they can with food, supplements and gut health.
More From Our Families...
You Can Do This... my guarantee
We break this process down into a series of specific action-steps I have seen bring about some amazing turn-arounds in kids. Breaking it down into action steps keeps this manageable.
But change takes time and energy and doesn't happen overnight. When you apply we consider together if it's the right time for a program like this but, if you join and do the work but find it was not what you expected, you can apply for a refund within 14 days of the course start. The refund terms are all laid out on the checkout page and down below in the FAQ section.
The Resilience Roadmap Will Teach You To Nourish Your Child & Relieve Hidden Stressors So They Get Healthier & Feel Better, Without Reliance On Medication
You Ready For Clarity?
(or do you want to keep wondering?)
Frequently Asked Qs
Don't see your question answered here? We'll address it in the application process.