Uncover Your Child's Hidden Stressors and Become Confident They're Well Nourished So They Can Finally Feel, Function, & Learn Better, And You Can Regain Peace In Your Home ...
...Without spending forever in the kitchen & even if your child has a diagnosis or is super picky about food
One in Five kids struggles with focus, transitions, anger, anxiety, hyperactivity, mood & sensory dysregulation.
(& probably a whole lot more go undiagnosed!)
These kids have a hard time learning, sleeping, pooping, they struggle to communicate and meet expectations.
They cause tension & worry in families and classrooms, they're often angry and frustrated.
They know they are capable of more but they just don't feel well.
They're also often extremely picky when it comes to food.
Is That Your Child?
Four years into my clinical nutritional practice I said, "enough is enough!"
It was a hot day in August. I was in my office with a mom named Sarah who was describing how her 8 year old son Tom was slipping away from her.
He was getting more aggressive. He had started hitting kids at school. He was hitting her. He was angry, and in pain.
"It just seems like he can't slow down, turn off, know what's appropriate and when, you know?" she told me.
Tom had few friends, several tics, he was anxious.
He wasn't sleeping well, had terrible skin, was alarmingly skinny and he was so picky with food that the family couldn't eat together anymore.
Sarah's anxiety about the looming school year was strong enough to fill the room; his teachers were exasperated, she could expect phone calls home, early pickups, meetings... Tom hated everything about school.
"Taking him to school feels like throwing him to the wolves," she told me.
It had all been barely tolerable, she told me, but the final straw was that Tom had started to talk about himself as "bad" and "stupid".
Something needed to change. And quick before his self esteem dissolved further.
They considered medication, but that didn't sit right as a first strategy. They wanted to know their options.
So Sarah and I got to work, figuring out what hidden stressors were making it hard for Tom to cope, and which diet and supplement changes would be the most helpful.
Kids like Tom can become calmer, more focused, and happier.
Food fuels the body and the brain and has a deep impact on how our kids feel and function. But despite solid research that the more well nourished the body is the better the brain functions, this toolbox too often remains unopened when kids start to struggle.
Enough is enough!
Parents need simple nutrition and lifestyle strategies to improve the mood, learning, health, behavior & happiness of their children.
When I learned about the impact of food on the brain and body my mind was blown wide open to new possibilities.
I left a career as a high school teacher about a decade ago on a hunch we could help kids like Tom without relying so much on medication.
It was while studying nutrition that I learned why our creative teaching strategies hit a ceiling with so many kids. It was because we had completely overlooked the powerful way food helps kids feel better so they can function better.
Since then I've worked alongside Naturopathic Doctors, Medical Doctors, Family Counsellors, Occupational Therapists, and teachers helping parents like Sarah implement a nutrition and lifestyle strategy to help kids like Tom calm down, learn better, have better sleep & skin, have better poops, have more stable moods and get over their picky eating…. regardless of diagnosis.
When Your Child Is Healthy, They Can Do Anything
Kids Can Feel More Relaxed, More Confident, Less Anxious.
Tom was a bright and highly sensitive kid. After working on diet for three months he was still that kid. He needed direction, help organizing his stuff, support processing big, unpleasant emotions.... but the edge was softened and peace had returned to the home.
Tom’s parents learned how to help him feel better so he could manage his stress better. Through our step-by-step process we learned...
- Tom was particularly sensitive to blood sugar swings and did better when he had more fibre in the morning
- The more dairy he ate the more explosive he would become
- How to keep his bowels moving because if he didn't poop in the morning he would have a rough day at school
- How to get him to sleep faster at night so we was well rested by morning
- Fish oil and magensium were helpful but B-vitamins made him restless.
- He had an overgrowth of clostridia in his gut that was making it hard for him to regulate his hormones and was interfering with his sleep
- His stomach acid was too low which was contributing to the nausea he felt when he ate meat and was interfering with his ability to extract nutrients from his food
Because they understood him better his parents could support him better. They knew what to expect and how they could help him. They were able to work through challenges head on, instead of tip-toeing around them.
The family could enjoy time together, go to restaurants, family gatherings, birthday parties - without worrying about Tom getting overstimulated and angry.
They could come together around meals, start teaching him about making choices and share each other’s company.
Tom spent fewer sick days at home which meant more peace of mind for his parents.
There were no more notes from school or early pickups due to tummy pain or disruption.
He was making friends.
Their fights and decisions about medication were barely a concern anymore.
This is what can happen when we uncover hidden stressors & nourish kids deeply
When We Understand Our Kids We Can Help Them
Introducing The Resilience Roadmap.
It's a Roadmap to a happier, healthier child for the parent who is done feeling exhausted, confused & overwhelmed, and wants a research-based, practical, action plan to support their child's mood, behaivor and learning that doesn't rely on medication.
The Resilience Roadmap Offers You 12 weeks Of...
We Stay Strategic & Systematic; We Start Simple But Go Deep.
Together we uncover hidden stress while deeply nourishing your child
"He used to be angry, sad, anxious, aggressive and grumpy"
"This is my 7 year old son. I knew that the changes we were making were making a difference when friends and family started commenting on how happy he was.
Sometimes it's hard to really see the changes when you're so immersed in the every day of it all, but then I see this and I see how happy and rested and joyful he is on a much more regular basis.
Diet changes, supplements, consistency....these have ultimately brought peace and joy to my son like we hadn't seen in years. It's hard - but it's so, so, so worth it.
Thank you Jess for your continued support and encouragement."
- Jenna, course participant
Here's Exactly What You Get When You Follow The Roadmap
THE CORE PROGRAM - Learn Exactly How To Use Food For Better Behavior, Development, Mood & Learning.
- 9 recorded modules walk you through our unique methodology designed to help you get nourishment in and get hidden irritants out while keeping your relationship with your child strong and intact.
- Binge the recordings in just a few hours or take them week by week. Along with the handouts, references, action steps & recipes the material distils for you everything you need to use food-as-medicine
- You'll plan and articulate the vision you have for your family's health so you know exactly what you're working towards
Organizing & Structuring Success
- You'll plan how to talk with your kids and family about food without causing conflict, you'll organize your pantry so you can save loads of time at the grocery store by knowing exactly which brain-supportive foods to stock your kitchen with, & you'll learn to track symptoms to know if what you’re doing is making a difference
Nourishment For Children
- Our simple recipes will boost your child's diet with foods that support growth, learning and emotional stability, and you'll know that you're getting enough of the 8 nutrient groups into them. You'll learn how to manage picky eaters & poor sleepers
Integrating Key Supplements
- You'll be able to use nutritional supplements safely and strategically including amino acids to stabilize emotions quickly.
Reducing Irritation & Allergens
- You'll find and replace allergens & food irritants without feeling like you're depriving your family or having to say "no" all the time.
- You'll break your child’s sugar addiction and avoid the afternoon “hanger”
Detoxification For Kids
- You'll avoid the most irritating chemicals and improve your child's natural ability to detoxify even if they have a reduced capacity to do so because of genetics
Optimizing Digestion, Gut Health & The Gut-Brain Connection
- You'll understand the digestive system from tip-to-tail and use food to support a strong gut-brain connection and stabilize constipation, diarrhea, pain and reflux without medication
- BONUS masterclass - you'll learn to make your own simple fermented foods safely and how to get even the pickiest of eaters to eat them
The core program will help you make confident food and feeding choices so you can keep your family healthy in an unhealthy world. Short lessons, action steps, PDF handouts and recipe booklets are stored in our on-line classroom which you can access via desktop or mobile app.
You'll work through this content at your own pace and will receive weekly action steps by email to keep you motivated and on track.
- You'll do an initial assessment session with Jess by video conference and will receive your customized food and supplement plan to makes sure your particular needs are being addressed and you stay focused.
SUPPORTING RECIPES & FOOD IDEAS, TOOLS & CHARTS
- 100+ whole food recipes & meal ideas curated with busy parents in mind
- Food lists itemizing the most nourishing foods for the brain and for growing children
- Recipes are free of dairy, gluten, refined sugar and chemicals, that are supportive of good blood sugar control and that provide nutrition for the growing brain
- Tools To...
- Expand your child's acceptance of new foods
- Get more nourishment into your kids
- Understand nutritional deficiencies
- Teach your child about making healthy food choices
APPLICATION & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Every week Jess holds group OFFICE HOURS via video conference where we highlight important pieces of program content and get your burning questions answered to keep you moving forward.
- Real change is too hard to make in isolation so we come together for 12 weeks in our private Facebook Community to connect. This is where you meet parents just like you and connect with Jess; we troubleshoot, gain clarity, vent, celebrate and keep each other moving forward.
OPTIONAL ADD-ON: CONSULTATIONS WITH JESS OR OUR MEDICAL PARTNERS & LAB WORK
Complex cases might require lab testing to assess biochemistry, gut health and more so we can further refine and individualize your diet and supplement plan. If labs and medical consultation are required the course is extended and there is an extra cost. We'll decide together whether this is needed.
We've Also Added...
Listen to these and read the summary handouts at your leisure. You'll also be invited to more live masterclasses with various experts to help you better understand your kids so they can thrive! ($1500 value)
So Far In The Vault...
Masterclass 1: Learning Disabilities, Re-defined.... missed factors that contribute to struggles in school with Lorraine Driscoll, educational therapist
Masterclass 2: The Biology Of Trauma... the nutritional missing links for prevention and treatment of trauma with Dr Aimie Apigian MD
Masterclass 3: Functional Testing... what's worth it and what's misleading? with Dr Kristina Bosnar DC, CFMP
Masterclass 4: Genetic Testing... the impact of SNPs on behavior, learning and mood and nutritional workarounds with Dr Erika Gray PharmD
Masterclass 5: The Behavior-Infection Connection... PANS, PANDAS, lyme and more with Dr Zendi Moldenhaur, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, PhD, NPP, PNP
Masterclass 6: Somatic Experiencing... how to quickly find calm when faced with stress with Dr Aimie Apigian MD
Masterclass 7: Setting Your Kids Up For School Success (particularly if they struggle with executive function, organization, memory and attention and whether they're schooling traditionally or at home) with educational therapist Lorraine Driscoll
Full Access To The Following 6 Mini Courses ($500 value):
Getting Your Child To Sleep: Nutrients to get your child to sleep faster and more deeply.
All About Allergies - how to find food sensitivities and a plan for doing safe elimination diets
Better Bellies - natural strategies for constipation and diarrhea relief including how to wean off laxatives
Parent's Guide To Picky Eaters - the most common root contributors and a do-this-not-that guide to get your child to eat more without fights
Nutrition For The Brain - targetted nutrients for ADHD, focus, learning, aggression, anxiety along with how to use amino acids
Safe Paleo For Kids - a specific plan to make sure you're not missing nutrients if you need to go Paleo (and how to decide if you do!)
So What's This Peace Of Mind & Family Health Reboot Going to Cost Me?
The value of all the lessons, recipe books, action steps, coaching, support and bonuses in this program is over $4,000.
But the full program and customized plan is actually only $997 (CAD)
We've designed this Roadmap to save you time and energy and catapult your child's health forward.
Is there any price you can put on that?
(Payment plans are available).
What Seems Like An Impossible Challenge Becomes Manageable When You Join A Community Of Support
I work with a limited number of families each month to make sure nobody is left lost, frustrated or confused. If you're serious about change, answer a few short screening questions and schedule a time to talk over whether this is a good fit. If we decide this is right for you we'll get you started right away.
Food Is Your Best Tool, Hidden In Plain Sight, That Will Get Missed
You Can Learn To...
Incorporate new foods into even the pickiest child's diet,
Only take out exactly what you need to, if you need to, and in a way that doesn't create deficiency or fear;
Use supplements when needed to support focus and hormones;
Establish a strong digestive system because we know now, without a doubt, what goes on in the gut affects what goes on in the brain;
Break sugar addictions and get more fat, fibre and protein into your kids so they don’t feel so terrible at the end of the day when they don’t finish their lunch;
Get your kids pooping every morning without needing laxatives, improve the quantity and quality of sleep and calm the racing mind;
End the dinner battles so the family can come together around food and everyone can feel more calm.
What Parents Have To Say About The Resilience Roadmap Community...
Do You Want Specific & Simple Research-Based Action Steps Curated For You So You Can Save Your Precious Energy?
Or do you want to keep slogging through this on your own, trying to make sense of it all?
Food affects our moods, our focus, our sleep, our gut, our everything. Which means food matters.
But you probably already knew that.
Learning information is different from implementing what you know.
What are you actually going to do in the grocery store, make in the kitchen, put on the table, buy at the supplement store, and how are you going to get your kids on board?
I can be by your side every step of the way and guide you through how to implement practical steps with your kids so you can improve their health.
If you can commit to taking a nourishment approach, then you've found your tribe.
The Resilience Roadmap Is For You If...
You know, in your gut, that your child could be healthier but aren't sure what to do.
You know there is a good kid in there but need a toolbox of strategies to help them sleep better, focus better, communicate better, learn better, poop better and have more stable moods and behaviors so they can shine.
You want to enjoy your kids more, feel more confident in your parenting, and want to do everything you can without medication, and in a way that feels good.
You are confused about how to feed your kids and want to finally know, for sure, how to meet their nutritional needs without battles and without having to wade through confusing information by yourself.
The Resilience Roadmap Is Not For You If...
You have zero energy to put into shifting your child's health and behavior.
You figure their child has already reached their full potential.
You are not ready to look deep and make some changes that could feel tough.
You know for sure you have gone as deep as you can with food, supplements and gut health.
More From Our Families...
You Can Do This... my guarantee
We break this process down into a series of specific action-steps I have seen bring about some amazing turn-arounds in kids.
Breaking it down into action steps keeps this manageable.
The Resilience Roadmap Will Teach You To Nourish Your Child & Relieve Hidden Stressors So They Get Healthier & Feel Better, Without Reliance On Medication
You Ready For Clarity?
(or do you want to keep wondering?)
Frequently Asked Qs
Don't see your question answered here? We'll address it in the application process.