It's time to start your precious baby on solids! You are entering into the next stage of parenting - let me tell you, from one mom to antoher, it's fun, exciting....
.... and you are not alone if you feel just a little bit overwhelmed.
"How much? When? What? What do we do if there's a food reaction? Meat or no meat?Grains or no grains? Cereal or vegetables?"
These are the questions I hear from new moms all the time.
Are these questions swimming in your mind?
Ok. You don't have to be confused any more. Here's the deal...
Let me teach you how to "read" your child so you can make food decisions that are right for your child.
Let me give you a proven step-by-step guide for moving through this transition in a way that supports your child's unique growth and development.
Let me invite you into a saftety-net of support so you have a place to turn and get your questions answered quickly.
I developed this system because it just simply works.
1. Which foods and nutrients are needed for proper development, which whole, delicious foods to find them in, and how to prepare and introduce them safely.
2. How to detect sensitivities and what steps to take to reverse them.... (Hint: identifiying and avoiding the food is only part of the solution... you'll learn that these "red flags" are actually telling you your baby's digestion needs some help - and you'll learn what to do about it)
3. How to help your child learn to self regulate.... helping your child grow into an eater who eats when they are hungry, stops when they are full and make positive food choices starts right now. You'll learn how to avoid making the most common mistakes that undermine this principle and often lead to overweight and into the picky-eating-spiral-of-doom later on.
This class will guide you through it all and clear up all your confusion and supports you along the way so you can forge ahead with confidence.
Watch this short video to learn more about what you're about to get.
Module 1: Overview and Getting Started
- the 3 principles for healthy feeding
- signs of readiness
- equiment for making baby food
Module 2: Focusing on principle #1... The foods and nutrients
- Basic progression
- The importance of texture
- Baby led weaning and purees
- To start with grains or not? Some considerations
- What to do about gluten
- To introduce animal foods or not? Vegetarian versus Non-Vegetarian guidelines
- Iron needs and how to know you're meeting them
- Guidelines for purchasing and "Supercharging" supermarket baby food... for when you're busy and exhausted
Module 3: Focus on Principle #2... understanding allergies, intolerances and digestion
- The connection between what we eat and how healthy we are
- Detecting and managing allergy
- "Foundation Foods" and how they help the digestion (and how to prepare them)
- Dariy and calcium
Module 4: Welcome To My Kitchen
- Cooking demonstrations
Module 5: Focus on Principle #3...self regulation and environment
- how much to feed, when to feed,
- what to do when your child refuses food
- creating a positive food environment
Module 6: Troubleshooting
- Constipation, Diarrhea, Eczema and what to do
- Greening your life - where to find chemicals along with why and how to cut them out of your life
NOTE: All material is digital. Nothing will be sent to you in the mail. You will receive everything in video or PDF format.
"I've participated in an on-line class with Jess Sherman, and I can honestly say that she is the real deal. She cares passionately about raising healthy children, and equally about the wellbeing of parents. Her work, advice and knowledge will help each family THRIVE in all aspects of their lives - starting with nutrition. She is a gift to the world! I endorse her 100%!"
- Sarah Day Miller
"Jess is extremely knowledgeable in her field of nutrition. Her passion for the health of others is commendable and she is delightful to work with. She goes way above and beyond to offer support and keep you informed while under her care."
- Renee Lowery
“Jess provides insight and context with her recommendations. She gave us knowledge and confidence, and our child has benefited tremendously as a result.”
- Suzanne P.
“Jess helped us give Theo a stronger start in life. Theo is now a boisterous nine month old baby with a healthy appetite. Thanks, Jess, for helping us give our boy the best beginning we could.”
- Sarah Gardner