It's time to start your precious baby on solids! Let me tell you, from one mom to another, it's fun, it's exciting....
.... and you are not alone if you feel just a wee bit overwhelmed.
Not At All.
"How much food? When? What? What if there's a food reaction? Meat or no meat? Grains or no grains? Cereal first or vegetables first?"
If these questions are swimming in your mind, relax. I've got ya...
This is where you'll learn how to make food decisions that are right for your child.
This is where you'll get a proven step-by-step guide for moving through this transition in a way that supports your child's unique growth and development.
This is where you'll find a safety-net of support so you can get your questions answered quickly.
Module 1: Overview and Getting Started
- the 3 principles for healthy feeding
- signs of readiness
- equiment for making baby food
Module 2: Focusing on principle #1... The foods & nutrients
- What to introduce when
- The importance of texture
- Baby led weaning versus purees
- To start with grains or not? Some considerations
- What to do about gluten
- To introduce animal foods or not? (includes vegetarian and non-vegetarian guidelines)
- Iron needs and how to know you're meeting them
- Guidelines for purchasing and "supercharging" supermarket baby food (for when you're busy and exhausted)
Module 3: Focus on Principle #2... understanding allergies & intolerances
- Detecting and managing allergy
- "Foundation Foods" and why they help resolve food intolerances
- Dariy and calcium
Module 4: Welcome To My Kitchen
- Cooking demonstrations
Module 5: Focus on Principle #3... self regulation & environment
- how much to feed & when to feed
- what to do when your child refuses food
- creating a positive food environment
Module 6: Troubleshooting
- Constipation, Diarrhea, & Eczema
- Greening your life! Understanding where chemicals are hiding in your home and how (& why) to cut them out of your life for good
NOTE: All material is digital. Nothing will be sent to you in the mail. You will receive everything in video or PDF format.
"I can honestly say Jess is the real deal. She cares passionately about raising healthy children, and equally about the wellbeing of parents. Her work, advice and knowledge will help each family THRIVE in all aspects of their lives - starting with nutrition. She is a gift to the world! I endorse her 100%!"
- Sarah Day Miller
"Jess is extremely knowledgeable in her field of nutrition. Her passion for the health of others is commendable and she is delightful to work with. She goes way above and beyond to offer support and keep you informed while under her care."
- Renee Lowery
“Jess provides insight and context with her recommendations. She gave us knowledge and confidence, and our child has benefited tremendously as a result.”
- Suzanne P.
“Jess helped us give Theo a stronger start in life. Theo is now a boisterous nine month old baby with a healthy appetite. Thanks, Jess, for helping us give our boy the best beginning we could.”
- Sarah Gardner
“ I love the idea that the main goal right now is to build up a healthy gut, rather than rush certain foods. I got the courage to try some new preparation techniques, and the demos in class were really helpful!”
- Course participant